Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fit for a Girl

Shortly after learning ~A~ was a girl at our 20 week ultrasound, my mind started whirling with ideas for a feminine room. After 2 boys, I knew the nursery was going to be transformed into a little girly haven.


This print hanging on her wall, hung in mine and my sister's room when we were growing up. I always loved it when I was little and was thrilled when Mom gave it to me a few years ago. It was so much fun to pull it out of storage, update the frame and hang in on my daughter's wall. The dresser that holds ~A's~ frilly socks and tights and skirts, 'D' bought from a neighbor who was moving. 'D' loved the dresser right away... it took some convincing to get me on board with it. I told him if we ever had a girl someday, it would probably work in her room. After some cleaning and new knobs I really love it. The drawers may not work the smoothest, but it's such a feminine piece of furniture.

My dad made this cedar chest for my mom when they were in highschool. It is now stuffed full with my wedding dress.

~A's~ dedication dress my mom made for her from fabric from Mom's own wedding dress.

A little country touch for this country raised girly.